Snug is a perfect location for exploring much of Southern Tasmania. From here you can easily reach the Huon Valley, the D’Entrecasteaux Channel coast and Hobart.
A 10-minute drive takes you to Kettering and the ferry to Bruny Island.
We are also a wonderful base if you would like to stay out of the ‘hustle and bustle’ of the city. We are a 30-minute to two-hour drive from some wonderful locations such as:
- MONA Museum (28km)
- Mona Ferry (21km)
- Cockle Creek (Self contained camping allowed) (66km)
- Hastings Cave’s Thermal pool (49km)
- The Shot Tower (13km)
- Salamanca Markets (20km)
- Houn Jet Boats (17km)
- Margate Train, specialty shops and cafés (5km)
- Antarctica base at Kingston (9km)
- Snug falls bushwalk. (5km)
- Channel Folk Museum. (4km)
- The Kingborough Sports Centre (10km)
- Numerous hiking and 4WD tracks.
- Fresh local seafood
- Vineyards and wineries galore.
- Great restaurants at Peppermint Bay,
- Kingston Beach,
- Blackmans Bay and more.
- Seaside cafes along the D’Entrecasteaux channel waterway.
- Beautiful beaches.
- Great fishing – sea, river or jetty.